Leah's Aussie Experience

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Buddha Buddha Buddha


The aptly named 'Buddha Park'

Whitney and I continue to take in the rather bizarre sights that Laos has to offer, including this bit o'green space. We hopped on the local bus to get here, only 45minutes away on a rattletrap of a bus, with the door randomly swinging open the entire way. It was definitely the local experience as we were clearly the only foreigners on it. Just as the 55 minute mark passed and there was no sign of anything resembling a Buddha Park, we arrived. It didn't take long to persue around so back we came into Vientiane. We just finished an Indian Feast with two dishes, rice, naan and 2 pepsi's all for $5US. I'm sure I'll think the pricing is completely outrageous when I finally get home! Tonight we're thinking a nice seasonal fruit shake is in order. Passionfruit vs Dragonfruit...tough call. We got addicted in Vietnam, although not nearly as bad as the sole male in our group, who had a hard time having a 'shake-free' day.

Tomorrow we are off to Vang Vien to do some tubing down the river, picking up local drinks and I'm sure a "BeerLao" or two along the way. Then probably some serious kayaking, stopping in at little villages and caves along the way. We've been told that it is much prettier and even quieter up North, which elates us as we think Vientiane is a wonderland after the hustle and bustle of Vietnam. But, like most capital cities, there isn't too much to do here, hence my second blog in a matter of only two days. Ah well, it's nice and air conditioned here, plus it's a welcome respite from the heat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home