New City, New Job, New Everything!
Returned from the South Island one week ago to Sydney at 0700hrs and basked in the +18C heat. Settled in for a few days of relaxation, (to recover from the holiday of course) including a glorious day spent body-boarding at Bondi Beach!
I flew to Melbourne on friday and except for a passionfruit yogurt disaster in my suitcase, arrived without any major problems. My new home is a townhouse in a beautiful Melrose Place style complex, complete with fountains brimming with goldfish. A definite improvement from the cockroach infested, 1950s style, shag carpet bedrooms in Sydney! There are a total of eight people in the house, although the day I arrived, we all went out for one girls 'leaving-do' so now we are seven. My friend from Calgary, whom I met while in Sydney, has flown down to spend a few days with me and we've been off exploring the city together. Yesterday was our very own real-life March of the Penguins experience, complete with bleachers on a flood-lit beach. We sat amongst hundreds of other people, eagerly anticipating the little creatures slow waddle up the beach toward the bush for their home overnight.

I think I'll really enjoy this city once I get used to the cold weather and yes, it is chilly! Another few days before I begin work once my registration and paperwork have been approved and then I'm sure the 4 weeks here will fly by.

2 Comments:
I think I like this new city, new job idea. I will try it too and let you know how it works out.
and why not? It's a great idea and you get so much out of it...
Post a Comment
<< Home