Alas...
No, I haven't forgotten about this little website of mine, there just simply seems to be no time for anything lately! I have been feeling absolutely 'knackered' these days. I accidentally let this word slip on the phone with my mom the other day and she squealed over to my other family members, "Leah's speaking Australianese!" Anyhow, on a really great day, I can spend some time at the beach and enjoy at least a solid hour of strong UV rays, but that actually happens very seldomly (contrary to what some people may think). And, as much as I hate to admit it, the wind picks up and it gets downright cold! So yesterday I settled for 45mins beach time, 1hr dinner time at a neat little pub overlooking the water. Rarely do I go in the water because of the hair issue- it becomes a mottled mass. Yesterday I was completely up for it and I wasn't alone- (half the problem is that I also don't want my belongings stolen) but we had company in the water in the form of blue -bottle jellyfish. I didn't want to risk repeating a certain Friends episode so I stayed well clear.
Last weekend began like so many here - a round of drinks at the Royal. I've never had a neighbourhood pub where I can walk in alone and be gauranteed to know someone. I'm really enjoying this newfound experience and think maybe I'll take up heavy drinking when I get home. Anyhow, I regaled my audience with stories of the now infamous Royal National Park death hike (see archived entry: lucky to be alive).
Saturday and Sunday I did a lot of shopping but didn't spend much money. That's the beauty of the shops here - they look like they'd be pricey but surprisingly, they are not. The shopping on Sunday took place in Parramatta, a day trip from the city. Spent ~50mins on a RiverCat Ferry getting there which reminded me of an eerie jungle safari. Alas, nice public transport. It's like those lucky people here who get to ride the boat just to get to work! We wandered around town, shopped our hearts out, and had the most amazing dinner overlooking the Parramatta River at Wagamamma - delicious Asian cuisine topped with Lychee ice cream.
This weekend I'm off to Jervis Bay with 3 girlfriends for a marathon 07-19hr day taking in white sandy beaches, kangaroos and koalas. Sunday I'm seeing my first (and likely my last) cricket game. Don't even ask me what it's about, I just thought it might be nice to see (most of you know I'm not exactly a sports-enthusiast!)
Hope all is well back home in sunny 12C calgary!

3 Comments:
If you hung out at the Ship, you'd have a place you could hang out and know people. Melrose is no good! We'll get you sorted out when you get home.
True, but I don't like to limit myself to any one particular group of people - hence, my amazing ability to socialize at both haunts :)
I hang with many, many groups of people. They all like hanging out at the Ship but what do you expect from such amazingly cool people? ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home