Living the Life
For the second weekend in a row, I found myself on a hospital issued white sheet, lounging on the grass at the Domain in preparation for the Symphony Concert. This time we were much more prepared and by this I mean we had 8L of boxed wine between us and the weather cooperated fully. It was fabulous and an entirely different experience than last wknd. My only complaint would be when we accidentally took a wrong turn on our way to the washrooms and crossed in front of a lady who loudly told us to Go Away. Sorry, we immediately apologized, to which she replied Go Away even more forcefully. Hmph! Well, you can't win with people like that but it turned me off a bit so my girlfriend and I loaded up on the boxed wine upon return. Our spot was directly beneath a white spotlight and these large beetles seemed to enjoy keeping us company. They sought out Newbie (from the hike) who was not pleased about all the attention. I wasn't pleased to find one lounging in my paper coffee cup filled with wine, which was practically malleable by the end of the night.
Friday Night was spent at the local pub with what I'm sure was the entire hospital staff. I hope no one got sick here in Sydney on Friday night because we were all having a bevvie across the street. The Registrars (similar to our Residents) were celebrating their last day before moving on to other hospitals Monday so it was quite festive. I took my new gold wedge shoes out for a night on the town and ended up removing them while still at the bar. It's a shame because they are quite nice. Also a shame that I'm not able to receive a price adjustment on them because they are quite reasonably priced at the moment, unlike when I purchased them. Sadly, I used that receipt to kill a giant cockroach in my room last week. That one insect cost me $40! (PS: the RAID spray is fantastic. After buying it I was immediately presented with the opportunity to test it out- in the residence kitchen. I was very pleased with the results.)
Today I relaxed on Coogee Beach for oh, about 5 hours. I was feeling a bit unsteady from the previous night and I must say, what better way to recover than to soak in the sun amongst fellow sunworshippers at the beach?

1 Comments:
Public drunkeness, hangovers, lying on the beach. Scandalous!
Post a Comment
<< Home